STEPS to ENROLL     |     APPLY NOW     |     REGISTER for COURSES     |     MyMERCER     |     DONATE NOW     |    

Visit the MCCC
OneStop Center

Course Registration  ★  Admission Application  ★  Financial Aid  ★  Transfer & Career Services  ★  Advisement & Success Coaching   ★  Tuition Payment or Payment Plan  ★  much more!

Visit now!


To have credits from another college reviewed for transfer, a student must request an official transcript from their prior college sent to Mercer County Community College, Attention: Student Records.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered "official," a transcript must be issued directly to the Mercer County Community College’s Registrar’s Office.

If sent electronically, it must come directly from a transcript delivery service or the college itself. If mailed, it must come directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope. If hand carried by the student, the envelope MUST BE originally sealed to be accepted as official.

Any faxes, photocopies, or documents in opened envelopes that a student provides us with from these agencies are considered "unofficial," and cannot be accepted for transfer credit and/or for financial aid purposes.

If you have further questions about transfer credits, please email:

Delivery Options:
  • Electronic transcripts can be sent to MCCC via the following services: Parchment, National Clearinghouse, Joint Services, and NJ Transfer. Alternatively, official electronic transcripts can also be sent directly from the institution to the following address only: . Electronic transcripts sent directly to any other email will not be considered official.
  • All mailed copies must be addressed to: MCCC Student Records, 1200 Old Trenton Road, West Windsor NJ 08550.
  • Foreign transcripts will require, at the student's expense, translation and evaluation by a NACES approved outside agency. Delivery for these will be accepted in the manner listed above. (Please note: Credits for English Composition courses are generally not accepted for transfer from a foreign institution)

Many students use transfer credits earned at other accredited colleges to complete some of their program requirements for a Mercer County Community College degree or certificate. A student can obtain no more than 45 transfer credits from all outside sources (including AP Course Credit, CLEP Credit and other Prior Learning Assessment) for Associate programs. (AA, AAS, AS and AFA).

Evaluations of transcripts will be based on a student's current major and are subject to review by the appropriate program coordinator. Course descriptions are reviewed for course content and to determine equivalency. At times, syllabi and additional consultations with the area academic dean and other support documentation may be necessary.

Once a program coordinator has completed the evaluation process, the office of the registrar will review and complete the posting of transfer credits to a student’s MCCC transcript. Please note that a student must have started a semester at Mercer before transfer credits are posted. MCCC reserves the right to deny inappropriate transfer credit requests.

Please remember to notify us at if your name on the incoming transcript is different from our records or if you have recently changed your major and require a re-evaluation.

The following will not be evaluated for transfer credits:
  • Non-Degree students will not be evaluated for transfer credits.
  • Developmental coursework will not be accepted as transfer credits.
  • Proficiency courses (those which produce "pass" or "satisfactory" grades) will not be accepted as transfer credits.

Still have questions about MCCC's transfer credit policy or status of your evaluation? Please email us at:

MCCC accepts transfer credits from colleges and universities that are accredited by one of the following:

Courses taken at some institutions without regional accreditation will not be accepted for transfer credit through traditional means. Schools that are vocational or technical in nature without regional accreditation can be reviewed for potential life experience credits.

If you have completed university-level courses in your home country and are interested in transferring credits to Mercer, you must submit an official course by course evaluation report of your foreign transcript.

The provider of the evaluation must be a member of NACES, The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Please visit their website to find a provider and details regarding the evaluating process.

Mail your official credentials evaluation report to:

Student Records Office
Mercer County Community College
P.O. Box 17202
Trenton, NJ 08690

Transcripts can be emailed to