at West Windsor Campus
When: mid-June to mid-August
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/campcollege
Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 609-570-3311
Benefit: offers children an enriching alternative to the traditional summer day camp
- Camp College provides the widest range range of flexible scheduling options.
- 'Campus Kids' four-week traditional camp sessions offer more than 60 program selections including swim instruction, camp newspaper, creative writing, soccer, and juggling to mention a few in addition to dozens more academic and recreational programs for children ages 6-13.
- One-week, individually priced full and half-day accelerated study, academic, and recreational programs offer unique opportunities not ordinarily found in elementary and middle school curriculums for children, ages 6-16. Programs include the popular Kids in the Kitchen series, Sea Camp Marine Biology at Sandy Hook, robotics, computers, fishing, rock climbing and adventure camp.
Tomato Patch Visual and Performing Arts Workshops
When: June, July, August
Website / More Info: www.tomatopatch.org
Contact: e-mail email@example.com
Benefit: Theater - Dance - Music - Video - Visual Arts
The longest running, most successful multidisciplinary summer arts program in central New Jersey.
Kelsey Kids Playshops
When: Jan. to March; Sept. to Nov.
Website / More Info: www.kelseyatmccc.org/playshops
Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 609-570-3566
Saturday morning creative theatre workshops, presented in conjunction with Youth Stages under the direction of Jean Prall Rosolino.
- "PLAYtime," for students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade, meets on Saturdays from 9 to 10 a.m.
- "PLAYing Around With Theatre," for students in 3rd through 5th grade, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m.
At James Kerney Campus - Youth College
Educational Talent Search
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/talentsearch
Benefit: academic, career, and personal counseling
Educational Talent Search provides individual and group counseling sessions, academic advisement and technical assistance to Trenton youth (grades 6-12) and adults, high school drop-outs, and college stop-outs in the areas of career exploration, educational planning, college entrance examination preparation, admission and financial aid procedures and tutoring, on a limited basis, for the purpose of encouraging and assisting in their enrollment in college. All services are free!
NJ GEAR UP
When: July, August
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/gearup
Contact: e-mail email@example.com; phone 609-570-3234
A pre-college program that serves students in the Trenton school district. Students are exposed to a college or university environment, while receiving tutorials, mentoring, and academic and culturally enriching services.
TRIO Upward Bound
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/upwardbound/
Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 609-570-3155
TRIO Upward Bound is an educational program offered during the summer and academic year for high school students from low-income families; and families in which neither parent holds a bachelors degree. The goal of TRIO Upward Bound is to ensure our students are prepared to be successful in and graduate from a 2-year or 4-year postsecondary institution.
Learn more about
TRIO Upward Bound
VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE (VIP)
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/community_youth_jkc_vip.shtml
The purpose of the Very Important People (VIP) program is to supplement the education of students in grades 9 through 12 who attend either The Ninth Grade Academy or Trenton Central High School.