ACCUPLACER College Skills Placement Test
||SPECIAL HOURS [see also Regular Hours]
|West Windsor Campus Testing Center
* Wednesday, July 4, 2018 (Independence Day) - CLOSED
* Monday, September 3, 2018 (Labor Day) - CLOSED
|James Kerney Campus Testing/Learning Center
Placement test appointments are available for the following times:
Monday through Thursday at 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 4 p.m.;
Friday at 10 a.m.; Saturday at 9 a.m.
Schedule appointment here. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Who Must Test
Students enrolling at Mercer may be required to take a college skills placement test. Available at the Testing Center on both campuses, the exam measures skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. Placement test results will not affect admission to the college; however, the scores will determine eligibility for certain courses and programs.
The following students are advised to take the placement test:
Arrangements for Testing
- full- or part-time students who have not achieved an SAT score (taken prior to March 2016) of 540 in Critical Reading or 530 in Mathematics sections;
- full- or part-time students who have not achieved an SAT score (taken after March 2016) of 450 on Evidence Based Reading and Writing (EVW) or 500 in Math;
- full- or part-time students who have not achieved an ACT score of 21 on English or Math;
- full- or part-time students who have not achieved a PARCC Grade 11 English Language Arts (ELA) score of 4 or an Algebra II score of 4;
- returning students who have not tested for course placement in more than two years;
- non-matriculated students with 12 or more credits;
- transfer students who have not completed English and mathematics requirements;
- ESL students who need mathematics courses (partial testing in math only).
After completing a college admissions application, students may arrange to take the placement test by contacting the preferred testing location: the Academic Testing Center at the West Windsor Campus (609-570-3295 or e-mail email@example.com
) or the Testing Center at the James Kerney Campus (609-570-3151 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Special accommodations for testing may be arranged through the Office of Special Services at 609-570-3525.
Students who have taken the test at another college should arrange for an official copy of scores to be sent
by e-mail to email@example.com
, by fax to 609-570-3872, or by mail to:
Academic Testing Center - LB208
Mercer County Community College
P.O. Box 17202
Trenton, NJ 08690
Payment, Testing Times
There is no charge for initial testing; however, a retest requires a $25 fee. One retest is permitted per student. The retest fee or receipts are due at the time of your retest.
The test is available routinely by appointment during our office hours
at both the Academic Testing Center
on the West Windsor Campus
(WWC: 609-570-3295) and the Testing Center at the James Kerney Campus
(JKC: 609-570-3151). We are additionally able to accommodate walk-ins most days at the WWC Academic Testing Center.
ACCUPLACER practice questions are now available with the ACCUPLACER iphone app.
For information about purchasing the ACCUPLACER mobile app, click here
More Information About Placement Testing
- If English is your second language, please contact the International Student Services Office at 609-570-3438 or visit SC253 on the West Windsor Campus.
- If you are a student with documented disabilities, contact the Office of Special Services by calling (609) 570-3525 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a transfer student who has already taken the ACCUPLACER test, be sure to bring a copy of your score report to the West Windsor Testing Center (LB209).
- For more details about arranging placement testing, e-mail email@example.com or call (609) 570-3295.