The Kelsey Review, Mercer County Community College's county-wide literary journal, is now a quarterly online
literary journal. New issues will appear at our website in
September, December, March, and June. Submissions for all quarterly issues are accepted between January 1 and May 31
each year via our online submissions system.
Contributors are notified of acceptance no later than August 15th. The Review solicits contributions from those
who live and/or work in the Mercer County area.
From online to real time: Contributors share their works at periodic readings hosted by Kelsey Review.
|Use our ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS system to send us your...
||Length: 4,000 words maximum
||Send no more than six pages
||Length: 2,500 words maximum
|Black & White Art
||(suitable for digital scanning)
Writers and artists who appear at Mercer County area events such as poetry readings
are also eligible. Organizers of such events should encourage those who work and/or
live in the county to submit a short non-fiction critically informed review of the event;
the editors will contact the writer/artist to extend an invitation to appear in the
Review. We see this as an opportunity to promote such literary and artistic
occasions and venues within the county.
We invite proposals for non-fiction articles on any topic relevant to the people,
history, businesses, educational institutions, artistic traditions and/or government of
Mercer County and the surrounding area. 'Creative non-fiction' also falls into this category.
>> ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS <<
(We no longer accept submissions by mail or email.)
- Except for art and poetry, the Review generally only accepts one item per author.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. If we accept an item placed elsewhere, it is up to the author to clear any conflicts upon acceptance to KR.
- All rights are retained by the author/contributor.
- The Kelsey Review uses art in the following sizes: half page, full page, and cover/centerfold (double page size).
- Along with the current publication, a digital archive of past Kelsey Review editions remains available online.
- Each year we nominate up to six published items for the Pushcart Prize. See www.pushcartprize.com for more information.
Send questions via email to email@example.com.
|This program is made possible in part by the Mercer County Cultural and Heritage Commission through funding from the Mercer County Board of Chosen Freeholders, and the New Jersey State Council on the Arts / Department of State, A Partner Agency of the National Endowment of the Arts.