STEPS to ENROLL     |     APPLY NOW     |     REGISTER for COURSES     |     MyMERCER     |    

Transferring Credits to Mercer

Credits from Other Colleges

Many students use transfer credits earned at other accredited colleges to complete some of their program requirements for a Mercer degree or certificate. In most programs, transfer credits and/or credits awarded by other nontraditional means may be applied, except that a minimum of 15 credits, including those for at least two sophomore-level courses in the major, must be earned at Mercer. Only courses in which a grade of C or better was earned are eligible for transfer credits.

To have credits from another college reviewed for transfer, the student must request that college to send an official transcript of his or her coursework to Mercer's Enrollment Services office.

Foreign transcripts will require, at the student's expense, translation and evaluation by a NACES approved outside agency. Electronic transcripts can be sent to MCCC via the following services: Parchment, National Clearinghouse, Joint Services, and NJ Transfer. Alternatively, official electronic transcripts can also be sent directly from the institution to the following address: All mailed copies must be addressed to: MCCC Student Records, 1200 Old Trenton Road, West Windsor NJ 08550.

Approved transfer credits are entered on the student's transcript only after the student has been accepted in their chosen degree program and is enrolled in classes at Mercer.

Information about Mercer's transfer credit policy and procedures is available from the Admissions office. Mercer reserves the right to deny inappropriate credit requests.

International students: special instructions

Program-Sharing Agreement

Mercer County and Bucks County residents can enroll at reasonable cost in academic programs not offered at their home county college. A program-sharing agreement among Bucks County Community College and Mercer County Community College enables students to take basic courses at their home institution and specialized courses for the degree at the other college. Students pay out-of-county instead of out-of-state rates.

For more information call (609) 570-3292 or e-mail

Available to Mercer County students   Available to Bucks County students

BUCKS Associate Degree programs:
  • Environmental Science
  • Fine Woodworking

    BUCKS Certificate programs:
  • Historic Preservation

  • MERCER Associate Degree programs:
  • Architecture and Building
  • Construction Technology
  • Automotive Technology
  • Aviation Customer Relations
  • Aviation Flight Technology
  • Aviation Management
  • Civil Engineering Technology
  • Dance
  • Funeral Service
  • Funeral Service Preparatory
  • Ornamental Horticulture
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Radiography

    MERCER Certificate programs:
  • Architectural Technology
  • Aviation Flight Technology
  • Funeral Service
  • Ornamental Horticulture

  • Advanced Standing

    Mercer will grant advanced standing for demonstrated knowledge gained from courses taken in high school which are equivalent to collegiate entry-level courses. Advanced standing may be granted in foreign languages, mathematics, and other disciplines. Check individual programs for specific information, and call the Admissions office to determine eligibility.

    Advanced Placement

    Students who complete Advanced Placement courses during high school and pass Advanced Placement tests with a score of 3 (or higher for certain subjects) may be eligible for course credit in the following disciplines:

  • Art
  • Biology
  • Calculus
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Government and Politics
  • History
  • Latin
  • Music
  • Physics
  • Psychology
  • Spanish

  • Credit for Nontraditional Learning Experiences

    Mercer recognizes that learning in the classroom is only part of the learning that takes place in the modern world. Credit may be granted by examinations and other demonstrations of knowledge or skills acquired outside the traditional classroom. These include appropriate life and work experiences in addition to formal learning through military schools, proprietary schools, or training programs.

    Detailed information about credit for nontraditional learning experiences is available from the Student Records office. Mercer reserves the right to deny inappropriate credit requests. Veterans may wish to have their military training and experience evaluated for possible college credit. Those wishing to do so should contact the Veterans Affairs office.