MCCC Libraries Interlibrary Loan Procedure
Interlibrary loan services provide access to resources not available in the joint catalog of Mercer County Community College and the Mercer County Library System. Faculty, staff, and students may use this service online or with the assistance of a reference staff person. In offering this service, MCCC libraries adhere to the National Interlibrary Loan Code revised in 2008.
Borrowing Procedure - Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Lending Procedure - Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Only current MCCC faculty, staff, and students may use this service.
- County/State residents and alumni who are not MCCC faculty, staff, or students must use the interlibrary loan services of their local public library.
- No more than 5 requests can be submitted per day per person.
- Borrowing restrictions set by lending libraries must be honored.
- Any special fees imposed by the lending libraries will be the responsibility of the person initiating the request.
- Lost or damaged resources are the financial responsibility of the person initiating the request.
- Only requests with complete bibliographic information will be accepted. Requests must include author, verified title of book or article, publisher, copyright or issue date, page numbers where needed, source where found, and volume numbers where needed. Supplying the ISBN or ISSN will help speed the ILL process.
- Interlibrary loan requests can be made either in person at the library or by using the online ILL Request from.
- Some resources may not be available for loan. This includes: entire volumes of periodicals, reference books, special collection or archive materials, and some forms of audiovisual materials.
- Allow at least 14 days for receipt of the requested resource.
- If after 30 days the library has not yet been able to obtain a requested item, the library will contact the person who made the request to inform them that the item has not yet been obtained and to find out if the item is still needed.
- MCCC libraries adhere to the copyright laws of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) that governs the making of photocopies of copyrighted material.
- A single copy may be made of any of the following by a teacher or student for scholarly research, study, or use in teaching or preparing a class:
- a chapter from a book
- a single article from a periodical or newspaper issue
- a short story, short essay, or short poem
- a chart, graph, diagram, cartoon, or picture from a book, periodical, or newspaper
- MCCC resources will be loaned for four (4) weeks. This allows for shipping, use, and return.
- Damaged resources will be charged current replacement costs + a $5 processing fee.
- MCCC libraries will not loan: entire volumes of periodicals, audiovisual resources, microform, electronic resources, archival resources, and special collection resources.