APPLY for ADMISSION    |   MyMERCER    |   

International Students

INS Toll-Free Phone Numbers, Forms, and Fees

What is the the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) toll-free phone number?

For all questions, please dial 1-800-375-5283.

1. Press "1" for service in English, or press "2" for service in Spanish.
2. Then choose according to the following options:


How can you get INS forms?
INS forms may be ordered either by telephone at 1-800-870-3676 or at the INS website.

Where can you find the correct fees for filing INS forms?
A list of fees, and the forms to which they apply, may be found at this INS webpage. This list is also available in the Office of International Student Services (SC239 on the West Windsor Campus).

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) last increased the fees in February 2002, including the following:

Form I-102 for filing an application to replace a lost Arrival-Departure Card ( Form I-94) $100
Form I-539 for filing an application to extend or change non-immigrant status (including reinstatement to F-1 status) $140
Form I-765 for filing an application for employment authorization $120