APPLY for ADMISSION    |   MyMERCER    |   

Choosing a Transfer College

Students With Special Needs

Accommodations for students with special needs or disabilities are quite common at many colleges. Before you choose a college, however, you might want to ask yourself the following questions.

Keep in Mind:

Be sure to visit the campuses of the college that you have in mind.

Peterson's Guide to Colleges with Programs for Learning Disabled Students is a source of information for students with learning disabilities who want to transfer to a four-year college.

The HEATH Resource Center operates a national clearinghouse on post secondary education for individuals who are physically challenged. HEATH is an acronym for Higher Education and Adult Training for People with Handicaps. The center serves as an information exchange about educational support services, policies, procedures, adaptations, and opportunities on American campuses. Write to:

For further information, email, call 609-586-4800 ext. 3375 or see the disabilities counselor in SC 243.

Return to Transfer Homepage