APPLY for ADMISSION    |   MyMERCER    |   

International Students

Immigration and Naturalization Service Offices

The Coordinator for International Student Services is the individual designated by the college to assist you in all immigration matters. You should consult with the Coordinator before visiting, calling or mailing documents to the INS office.

To request INS forms or information

If you need to request forms from the INS, call 1-800-870-3676.
If you need information from the INS, call 1-800-375-5283.

Mailing information to an INS office

You should send your letters, forms and accompanying documents to INS by registered mail, return receipt requested. You must go to the post office to send letters by registered mail. Never send your passport through the mail.

If you live in New Jersey

The Immigration and Naturalization Service office to which you report is in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. All letters should be addressed to:

If you must visit an INS office, the two closest are:

1886 Greentree Road
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08003
Phone 609-424-7712

If you want to see Examiner DeMarco in the Cherry Hill office, you should call first and arrange an appointment.

INS Federal Building
970 Broad Street
Newark, New Jersey 07102
Phone 973-645-4400

The Newark office is closed to the public on Wednesdays. You should be prepared to spend a whole day at the Newark office because of the long lines of people.

If you live in Pennsylvania

If you must submit an application to INS according to your place of residence, the Immigration and Naturalization Service office to which you report is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia District
1600 Callowhill
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Phone 215-656-7179 or 7144