The Aviation Flight Technology program is the ONLY accredited aviation degree program in New Jersey and the Southeastern Pennsylvania region. Mercer County Community College’s (MCCC) two-year professional pilot program is accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International, and provides flight instruction for the Private and Commercial certificates, as well as the Instrument rating.
The MCCC college aviation program is a practical and affordable way for pilot candidates to receive their restricted ATP (Airline Transport Pilot) rating which allows students to fast track to the airlines. If a student pilot were to go through training at a non-college program, the minimum hours for airline employment would be 1500 hours. By going through the MCCC program, the minimum hours for employment at an airline are reduced to 1250. Not only is this a considerable savings of time, but more importantly, it translates to a huge cost savings as well!
While classroom instruction is given at the West Windsor campus, actual flight training takes place at Infinity Flight Group located at Trenton Mercer Airport (TTN). This ideal location, between New York City and Philadelphia, gives MCCC students the opportunity to train in some of the busiest airspace in the country. TTN is also home to several Fortune 50 corporate flight departments, as well as major airlines, all of which are supported by an award winning air traffic control tower.
The mission of the Aviation Flight Technology Program is to produce well educated and informed students who are prepared to successfully transfer to a baccalaureate institution or to continue preparation for a flight career using the knowledge and skill base acquired in their courses at Mercer.
To accomplish these goals:
- We will foster an environment that supports learning and individual growth and is accessible to our student population.
- We will encourage and aid students to attain the Commercial Certificate with an Instrument rating with a high regard for all safety issues.
- We will offer quality training and coursework that will readily transfer or prepare the student for entry into occupational programs.
- We are committed to providing to our students a broad general education background concurrent with professional pilot skills.
- We shall provide student activities including a Flight Team, Alpha Eta Rho, field experiences, and guest speakers from the aviation industry to enrich the college experience.
- We will promote cooperative relationships with other educational institutions, government agencies, professional business and industry groups to better serve the students in our program.
- We will endeavor to instill in our students a safety consciousness and promote attributes associated with a professional pilot including integrity, honesty and a conscientious work ethic.