Adults Returning to College
It Begins with You
Mercer County Community College is committed to helping you complete your college degree or certificate. If this is your first college experience, you have attended another college/university or previously attended Mercer County Community College and left before completion, the Center for Retention & Completion is here to guide you on your next steps. You are not alone; the CRC Student Success Team of advisors and success coaches will guide and assist you on your academic pathway.
What We Offer
- Students who previously attended Mercer, left in good academic standing, and wish to return for Spring 2021 semester may be eligible for forgiveness of back tuition debt, so they can re-start their education.
- Academic Restart Program - Students who have had a previous academic experience at Mercer and have a GPA of less than 2.0 may apply for an Academic Restart after a period of non-enrollment of at least three (3) years.
Application for Academic Re-Start Program
- All adult students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine if they qualify for free funding to pay for part or all of tuition.
- CCOG - New Jersey residents may qualify for the Community College Opportunity Grant program. The program provides "free tuition" for students whose household income does not exceed $65,000.
- Career Coach – A free assessment, Career Coach can help you discover majors/programs, browse in-demand careers, and learn relevant data on wages, employment, and training – all based on your interests. Take the 60-question assessment for the best results. Explore Mercer’s programs of study that can lead to the career you desire.
- Academic advisement, Success Coaching, and other services are available to assist students in making the best academic choices.
- If you have the desire to start or return to Mercer to complete your college degree apply for admissions and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to send your transcripts from other institutions that you may have attended.