- Recipient of NISOD (National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development )
teaching award, May, 2002.
- Distinguished Teaching Award recipient, MCCC, 1985.
- Recipient of Mid-Career National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship for doctoral study in psychology at Princeton University, 1977-1978.
- Certificate, Situational Leadership Program Trainer,
Center for Leadership Studies, Dr. Paul Hersey and Davis Holloway,
- Certificate in Family Therapy, Trinity Counseling Service, Princeton NJ, 1978.
- Certificate, Masters and Johnson Institute on Human Sexuality, 1979
- Member, The Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education, Joined August 24, 2013.
- Presenter, Promoting Active Learning By Warming Up the Classroom Atmosphere, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, SACSCOC Institute on Quality Enhancement and Accreditation, Tampa, Florida, July 26, 2010
- Engaging Today's College Students and Managing Disruptive Behavior,
- Feature Presenter, Lilly-East Conference, University of Delaware, April 16, 2009.
- Presenter, New Jersey County Colleges Best Practices Conference, Teaching Today's Students, 2008.
- Co-led Academic Convocations, Mercer County Community College, 2007.
- Consultant, The Pennington School Mentoring Program, 2005-2006.
- Commencement Speaker, Mercer County Community College Graduation, 2005 and 1993.
- Panel discussion participant, "Risk Factors for Degree Completion," Mercer Curriculum Project, 2004.
- Co-Presenter at New Jersey County Colleges Best Practices Conference about characteristics of effective teaching, 2003.
- Co-developer and facilitator of 2002 Academic Convocation
- Author of "Characteristics of Effective Teaching" document resulting from the convocation, 2002.
- Participant in Academic Convocation on "Assessment and Creating Rubrics."
- Co-Presenter at NISOD, International Conference on Teaching and Leadership, Austin Texas, 2002.
- Presenter at New Faculty Orientation, MCCC, 2002.
- Wrote and delivered speech to Mercer County College and Community entitled, "The Healing Process: A Time for Remembrance and Response to September 11, 2001." Published in Academic and Student Affairs Update, fall 2001.
- Participant, NJ Department of Higher Education Institute to Enhance Racial Harmony and Celebrate Cultural Diversity on College Campuses, Princeton University, 1988.
- Faculty Welcome Address, MCCC Graduation, 1982.
- Chaired Affirmative Action Panel, Eastern Community College Social Science Association, New York, 1978.
- Presented paper, "An Alternate Mode: Systems Approach to Introductory Psychology," National Community College Association, Washington, DC, 1975.
- Chaired Human Sexuality Panel, Eastern Community College Social Science Association, Princeton, NJ, 1975.
- Guest Speaker at various community, business, and government organizations, 1976-present.