Transferring your credits, the Lampitt Bill, and YOU!
New Jersey has a new law, the Lampitt Bill, that seeks to make transfer from community colleges to New Jersey four-year public colleges seamless. It provides for full transfer of AA and AS credits for graduates, but there are rules and regulations.
- The law applies to AA and AS degree graduates only.
- Staying with the same major when you transfer will work best under the law.
- It is valid only for New Jersey public institutions.
- The law does not guarantee that you will get into the college of your choice as a transfer student.
Some things you, as a student, should do:
- Choose your transfer major carefully.
- Try to decide to which college or university you would like to transfer.
- Check that college’s or university’s program requirements (prerequisites, etc.).
- Follow the General Education requirements for your program at Mercer carefully.
Other resources to check: