Links to Course Competencies
This RWLO could be applied in the following courses: Physical Science Concepts (PHY 111 at MCCC), other Physics Courses, Astronomy Courses, and others. Specifically, this RWLO meets the following course objectives:
- The student will be able to quantitatively discuss circular motion, centrifugal and centripetal forces in circular motion,
- Define acceleration and perform simple calculations to find acceleration
- State Newton’s three Laws of Motion and explain each,
use Newton’s Second (the equation F = ma) and Third Laws of Motion.
- Define force and give its units
- Write and use Newton’s Law of Universal Gravitation, use this in conjunction with Newton’s Second Law of Motion,
- Describe the differences and relationship between mass, weight, and force.