Welcome to the Urban Academic Academy
What is Urban Academic Academy?
The Urban Academic Academy (U.A.A.), offered at Mercer County Community College's James Kerney Campus, has been established to provide college preparation, guidance, and support for low-income 11th and 12th graders who reside in Mercer County.
The goal of the program is to increase the number of students who graduate from high school, and subsequently attend college. Enrichment sessions are held on Saturdays, after school and during the summer, with an emphasis on language arts, math and science. The program is funded through the Mercer County One Stop Career Center.
Who We Are
Urban Academic Academy is a year round program that helps educationally and economically challenged high school juniors and seniors achieve their goal of attending post-secondary education.
What We Do
Our program is designed to provide 11th and 12th grade students with the academic instruction needed to enter post-secondary education. U.A.A. also provides an array of cultural enrichment programs and activities.
All 11th and 12th grade students who reside in Mercer County and meet the Mercer County One-Stop W.I.A. requirements.
What Urban Academic Academy Offers:
- Free college and trade school applications
- Fee waivers for taking the SAT and ACT
- Financial Aid Assistance
- After School Tutoring
- Paid Transportation and Stipends
- Academic Counseling
- Summer Employment Opportunities
- Dual Enrollment
- Leadership/Job Readiness Training
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- College Tours
Did You Know…
- Over 75% of U.A.A. students graduate from high school
- 80% of U.A.A. graduates attend post- secondary institutions
- Over 50% of U.A.A. seniors have earned college credit