Faculty & Staff Services
Library Services for Faculty
Information Literacy/Bibliographic Instruction
- Instruction in the use of information resources is provided by library staff. In these classes, students are taught how to search and evaluate both electronic and printed information. The library staff can tailor classes to meet your subject needs and to enhance assignments and readings you have assigned. For more information please see the MCCC Library Information Literacy (IL) Instruction Scheduling Policy.
You can schedule a class either in person at the library, by calling the library secretary at x3554, or by using our on-line request form. NOTE: Please schedule your class at least 3 days in advance. We ask that instructors always accompany their classes to enrich the experience for our students.
Faculty Staff/Administrator Research Services
- Any member of the faculty, staff or administration may request specialized research services such as a literature review, compilation of best practices, and more. To take advantage of this service, please e-mail the library.
- Any current member of the faculty, staff, or administration may fill out this form and borrow books, CDs, and DVDs from the Mercer County Community College.
In order to obtain a MCCC Library card please fill out this online form
Bibliographies and Webliographies
- Library reference staff will compile subject bibliographies listing library holdings for your discipline. In addition, we can compile a listing of websites and other resources to supplement your lectures and textbooks. Call ext. 3550 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Videocassette and DVD Collection
- Over 5,000 videos are available to be reserved for your classes or checked out or viewed in our Film Preview Room.
- The Library will purchase the resources to meet your instruction needs in book, video or other format. Call ext. 3559 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- The library maintains a professional development collection on issues related to higher education, community colleges and instruction. Please make use of the resources in this collection when you visit the West Windsor Library.
- Faculty and staff have access to both The Chronicle of Higher Education and Inside Higher Ed.
- You may place resources on reserve for student use. Call ext. 3561 for more information. Reserve materials may also be available in electronic format over the Internet. Call ext. 3550 for more information.
- Books and journal articles can be obtained for you and your students if they are not available from Mercer County Community College Libraries. You may search the holdings of libraries in the New Jersey by going here.
If you want to submit an interlibrary loan request online, you can at the URL at the end of this sentence, or by calling ext. 3560 for more information. http://www.mccc.edu/student_library_ill_form.shtml