So You've Just Signed Up for an Online Course at Mercer!
Welcome!! This Is What You Need to Get Started.
- Attend or view an Orientation presentation: Get familiar with everything you need to know about Mercer's Online courses by attending an Orientation. Each semester we have On-campus and Online Orientations scheduled. Click here for our current Orientation schedule.
If the Orientation dates aren't convenient, view a previously recorded Orientation presentation by clicking here (Note it runs for approximately one hour). A text only, printer friendly version (no audio), of this previously recorded Orientation is available. Click here to access it.
- Do a System Tuneup: Make sure your computer is updated and properly configured by clicking here. If you need assistance after you complete your system tuneup, click here for resources to update and properly configure your system. NOTE: You will need to use Internet Explorer or Firefox to access your course.
- Log in to your Online course on the very first day of class! (NOTE: You will be unable to log in until a week before the official start date of the class). Click here for instructions on how to log into your online course.
- Get started in your class by:
- Reading the "Course Announcement" and following instructions on the Course Home Page.
- Clicking on the "Course Syllabus" and print it (if necessary) to find out what textbooks you may need, Course schedule/assignments, Instructor contact information, etc.
- Click on the "Lessons" tab to get started with your course work.
- Are you registered in an ENG101 or ENG102 Course? You will need to complete a writing sample at the Academic Testing Center during the first and last weeks of the course. Information about this writing sample will be posted in your course by the first day of class.
- Has your class already started?
- E-mail your instructor immediately using the Course Email to find out what you missed.
- Make sure you purchase/rent your textbook (if required) as soon as possible. Click here for Mercer's Online Bookstore.
- Don't delay! Contact MercerOnline if you have questions or you are not sure where to start. For assistance, please call 609.570.3389 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Resources: If you have other questions about navigating through your course or using the tools, you may find "A Guide to Your Online Class" helpful. To access this resource click here (No login information is required).