Application & Program Requirements
Selection into a MCCC study abroad or domestic travel study program is not guaranteed. Participants must meet financial, academic, and disciplinary eligibility requirements and be released by a physician to travel.
- The program is available to MCCC students, alumni, faculty, staff, and the Mercer County community.
- MCCC students must be in good financial, academic, and disciplinary standing.
- Open to participants who are 18 years or older.
- Participants must be able to handle the physical and psychological rigors of long, extended travel, often resulting in travel fatigue and jet lag due to traveling across time zones.
- Participants must be capable of handling the physical rigors of walking long distances each day, often over uneven and inclined terrain, up and down stairs, and possibly while carrying or dragging luggage. Remedial and support services available on the MCCC campus cannot be provided during study tours.
- Participants will need to obtain a doctor's approval to travel.
- Participants must show proof of a valid passport. Non-U.S. citizens will need to verify any additional required documents with the U.S. Department of State.
- Prior to travel, all participants must attend a mandatory pre-departure orientation session.
- Credit students are expected to attend all academic class meetings prior to, during, and after the study tour and complete all course assignments.
- Upon return, all participants are expected to attend a mandatory post-travel wrap-up session.
- Study tours are under the supervision of Mercer County Community College (MCCC) faculty. Students must comply with all rules and regulations of MCCC, particularly as described by the Student Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook.
✓ Application Procedure
with $500 deposit due December 15, 2017. Balance due March 23, 2018. [Payment Plan]
✓ Required Documents for review
Read and understand each of the following policy documents:
✓ Additional Documents for submission
|| PDFs or images of the following two documents:
2018 Trip Costs:
Spain - - $1800 (does NOT include airfare)
Disney, Orlando - $1500 (does NOT include airfare)
Costa Rica - $2500 (all inclusive)
Deposit, non-refundable (refund policy), reserves your spot. Due with application. Payable online with a credit card.
$300 -- if paid before November 10, 2017 (Early Registration)
$500 -- from November 11 to December 15, 2017
$1000 -- from December 16 to January 19, 2018 (Late Registration)
First Payment due January 19, 2018 -- 50% of balance. Payable at Bursar's office or through Student Portal.
Failure to make first payment could result in program withdrawal and loss of deposit.
Final Payment due March 23, 2018 -- balance due. Payable at Bursar's office or through Student Portal.
Failure to make final payment could result in program withdrawal and loss of deposit.
Study Abroad Scholarship
Students with demonstrated academic excellence who have financial need are eligible to apply for up to $1000 study abroad scholarship made possible by the MCCC Foundation and the Center for Global Opportunities.
- 2.5 or higher GPA
- Completed 12 or more credits at MCCC
- enrolled in at least 3 credits in the current semester at MCCC
- Financial need as demonstrated by a FAFSA award confirmation
- Minimum 500-word essay
- MCCC faculty letter of recommendation