Application & Program Requirements
Application Procedure and Required Forms
Application and $500 deposit due
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Balance due Monday, January 25, 2016
[Reading and printing these PDF documents requires Adobe
Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded here for free.]
To register, students must submit the following to the Study Abroad office (BS109) by 12/15/15:
Final payment and the following are due by 1/25/16:
Limited Scholarships are available for students who demonstrate financial need and who have completed the FASFA. The application includes an essay and letter of recommendation. Scholarship applications are due on 12/5/14.
Applications will be accepted -- on a first-come, first-served basis -- at the Study Abroad office (BS109). E-mail (email@example.com) or stop in.
Make checks payable to: MCCC (write program location and student ID on the check)
Send checks and forms to:
Mercer County Community College
Study Abroad Office - BS109
Trenton, NJ 08690
- Students must be an enrolled Mercer County Community College student in good standing. This program is open to students who meet the necessary course requirements, have completed 12+ credits, and have a minimum 2.5+ GPA.
- There will be limited space available for non-credit students wishing to travel.
- Students must be 18 years or older.
- Students will need to obtain a doctor's approval for international travel.
- Students must show proof of a valid passport. Non-U.S. citizens will need to verify any additional required documents with the U.S. Department of State.
- Prior to departure, students must attend an orientation session, which provides an overview of the trip, what to expect, what to bring, preparation materials, study requirements and a question and answer period.
- Credit students are expected to attend all class meetings prior to and after the study tour and complete all course assignments.
- Students must register separately for the credit or non-credit course associated with the Study Tour location. Course tuition rates will apply in addition to the Study Abroad program cost.
- Upon return, all students are expected to attend a debrief / program assessment session.
- Non-credit and audit students will be expected to attend a pre-travel orientation and a post-travel wrap-up session. Course work is optional for these students.
- Study tours are under the supervision of Mercer County Community College (MCCC) faculty. Students must comply with all rules and regulations of MCCC, particularly as described by the Student Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook.
- Remedial and support services available on a campus cannot be provided during study tours.