High School Equivalency Test
Mercer County Community Collegeís High School Equivalency Test administers the Test Assessing Secondary Completion-TASC, Online. The Mercer County Community College Test Center is located at the Trenton Campus, 102 N Broad Street, Trenton 08608.
Important Information Regarding Changes to the High School Equivalency Test
For those who have taken the test but have not passed (by the end of 2013), your scores have EXPIRED. You will have to take the new High School Equivalency Test (TASC).
Passing the new High School Equivalency (TASC) is the key to opening doors to college, a better job, and earning the respect you deserve. Donít miss this chance to turn one small step into your next big opportunity!
Eligibility Requirements to take the High School Equivalency Assessment
- Must be a resident of New Jersey
- Have not graduated from an accredited high school or receive a High School diploma or equivalency certificate
- Must be at least 16 years old and officially withdrawn from school
How to register for the TEST Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) Online
Please note: registration cannot be completed the day of the test.
- Call the Mercer County Community College Learning Center to obtain registration dates and times (609) 570-3157 or (609) 570-3185
- At the time of registration, bring 1 Proof of Eligibility from Each group listed below.
Group A: Social Security card, taxpayer ID, social insurance card, deferred action ID card.
Group B: Photo Driverís License, State of County Photo ID, US Passport, Foreign passport with accompanying letter in a sealed envelope from Consulate verifying authenticity of the passport.
Group C: lease, mortgage, current mail addressed to you (within last 60 days): bank statement, bills, etc.
- Parents or legal guardian (must show proof) attend orientation with testers under 18 years of age.
- Testers under the age of 18 years old must have a letter from their school district stating that they have officially withdrawn from school. Testers who were Home Schooled must get a letter from the school district that they reside in.
- Money Order ONLY payable to Mercer County Community College ($92.00) first time testers, ($10.40) per subject for re-testers
Please note there will be a ($10.00) retesting fee for each subject test. ($20.40) is the total needed for each subject retest. All payments must be made to the Trenton Campus Bursar office on Monday and Thursday 10:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Accommodation testing for individuals with Disabilities
Special Accommodation request form can be found on the TASC website www.tasctest.com. Please follow the procedures for requesting special accommodations.
Misleading High School Equivalency Diploma Claims
Please be aware of the fraudulent websites that claim you can pay a fee and earn your high school equivalency diploma. Testing including online must be administered at an official High School Equivalency testing site. Mercer County Community College is an official TASC-Online center for Mercer County, New Jersey.
Contact the testing center for registration dates and TASC testing dates.
Mercer County Community College, Learning Center
102 North Broad Street
Trenton, New Jersey 08608
High School Equivalency Test (TASC) Chief Examiner
(609) 570-3157 or (609) 570-3185