Reserve Your Seat for UAS 101
Introduction to Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Begin coursework toward Mercer County Community College's new 14-credit Certificate of Achievement in Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Prepare for a job of the future - certified drone operator
- Become a certified expert in drone operations, payloads, and data
- Join a growing network of drone operators with access to new technologies, jobs, and training
- Get hands-on experience in drone flight, payload selection and mounting, and data acquisition and presentation
- Earn your FAA part 107 Remote Pilot Certification during your first UAS course
- Learn the specialties in several areas of drone application, including: industrial, commercial, agricultural, environmental assessment
An overview of unmanned aerial systems (UAS), emphasizing their commercial and military history and growth as well as current and future applications in today's world. In addition, students are trained on the basics of flying a UAS and obtain the necessary ground training to take the required FAA written test for Remote Pilot - UAS. Proof of U.S. citizenship is required. 3 lecture/1 laboratory hours
How to enroll:
- Browse through our course offerings and times
- Complete the online admissions application *
Once you receive your Student ID number, register for UAS 101 online via your student portal or contact Enrollment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that UAS 101 is a pre-requisite to UAS 102. Upon successful completion of UAS 101, register for USA 102 online via your student portal or contact Enrollment Services at email@example.com
- Make tuition payment or set up a payment plan**
* Admission to the program requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with one year of algebra.
** The UAS 101 course has a fee of $1,650 in addition to the course tuition.
** The UAS 102 course has a fee of $1,650 in addition to the course tuition.
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
Certificate of Achievement [PRINTABLE PDF]
The Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) certificate program, a beginning step in becoming a professional UAS operator, explores the practical use of drones and trains individuals for work as professional UAS pilots in the exciting industry of aerial robotics or drones.
The potentials for commercial usage of unmanned systems are tremendous, including remote sensing of atmosphere, disaster response, weather forecasting, scientific research, agricultural surveying, wildlife surveying, payload transportation, search and rescue, and aerial photography.
This certificate program addresses the latest commercial drone regulations implemented by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Classroom training prepares students to pass the required written test and be eligible to obtain their remote operator certificate for UAS vehicles. In addition, exceeding FAA requirements, students must pass a practical test – flying a drone – while an instructor observes.
- Achieve awareness of current and potential capabilities and trends of UAS vehicles;
- Interpret and apply federal regulations specific to UAS operations and general aviation;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the political, legal, and moral issues of UAS as well as evolving FAA rules and regulations;
- Identify UAS platforms, to include unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), ground control stations, and ground support equipment;
- Demonstrate proficiency in flight planning and executing the flight of a UAS vehicle;
- Transfer to a bachelor's degree program if desired.
Admission to the program requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with one year of algebra.
Register early to guarantee your seat!
Enroll in UAS 101 and receive a free drone!
The first 20 students who enroll in the UAS 101 course, will receive a free fully functional DWI X3 2.4G 4CH Micro WIFI Quadcopter Remote Control Helicopter Mini FPV Drone with a 2MP HD Camera..
Team up and win MORE!
Students who enroll in a group of 3 will receive the incredible FPV-WIFI 2.4G R/C Drone with light and 720P Camera. This mini drone comes ready for VR glasses and design for trajectory flight.
Drone gifts are courtesy of Mercer's business partner, ABJ Drones.
For additional program information, contact:
Jarret Rhyner, ABJ Drones
For assistance with admissions application and registration, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-570-3224.